Pictures are buyers’ first impression when they’re searching on-line for their dream home. If you’re selling, make your home as attractive as possible in these pictures – especially outside. Your home’s curb appeal is a very strong selling point, especially once they come for a tour.
Use this check list to make sure your yard is in tip-top shape before your real estate agent lists your home:
- Mow and edge your lawn weekly.
- Fix any outdoor faucet or irrigation system leaks. Pro-Tip: Water everything an hour before a showing for maximum freshness.
- Add a new layer of mulch in flower beds, and tidy them up.
- Trim trees and shrubs to look well-maintained.
- Plant some colorful flowers, in your flower beds and in containers. Make sure the containers you use are also well-maintained. Pro-Tip: Make a small notebook of all the plants and flowers in your yard and leave it out for the prospective home buyers. This type of detail can positively affect buyer’s decisions.
- Power wash the exterior of your home, the sidewalks, steps and driveway.
Sprucing up your landscaping before you sell is a sure way to speed up the sale and make prospective buyers feel good about buying your home. Well-maintained landscaping can add as much as ten percent to the value of your home, garnering you a higher selling price.