Adding flourish to your home for the holidays is about engaging the senses – make it feel festive this month with the sights, sounds and smells of the holiday season.
Sights of the Season
- Greenery isn’t just for a tree or a wreath – add greenery to tabletops, lampshades, coffee tables. Flock it first for a snowy feel. Or add a small ornament or peppermint candies for a more playful look.
- Switch out regular light bulbs for green and red ones in lamps to add a more colorful glow to a room.
- Add bowls of holiday sweets throughout the house to indulge your sweet tooth.
- Choose a different holiday movie to watch every night of the month – everyone in the family can take turns choosing so everyone is included.
Sounds of the Season
- Pull out all your old holiday records or queue up your holiday playlist every day to add holiday cheer to everyday tasks.
- Add a string of sleigh bells or jingle bells to your doorknobs so every time your doors open and close you’ll hear the sound of the season.
- And there’s nothing like the sound of a crackling fire during the holidays!
Smells of the Season
- If you choose a tree, choose a real one. The pine scent will fill your home with holiday vibes.
- Make cookies! The holidays call for cookie baking and decorating.
- Add holiday scented candles to your home to make it smell amazing for the season.